The Summer Line-Up
From 18th Jul – 31st Aug 2018
Home to the best snow-sports in Scotland during the winter, our spectacular landscape transforms completely during the warmer months, offering an unforgettable adventure for all!
Visit and discover…
PLUS, an additional, epic line-up for families this July & August!
- Wild Things Treasure Hunt – Young explorers will be encouraged to explore the mountain in search of the ‘wild things’, ticking off each creature as they find it, within our mountain garden! Our ‘wild things’ stem from local illustrator; June Armstrong and the incredible creatures found on the mountain.
- The Messy Mountain – Available on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, our Storehouse Mezzanine will be transformed into a creative cave, full of exciting activities for young explorers to make, draw and build. From ‘build-your-own’ funicular carriages, to colouring competitions, there will be plenty to get stuck into.
- All young explorers will be offered our new Funicular Fun Fact Sheets to help them get even more out of the UK’s highest Funicular Railway, here at CairnGorm Mountain.
- Mountain Dress-Up & Selfie Frames – NEW dressing up box with a huge variety of fun accessories, where we will encourage young explorers to dress up as the ‘ultimate train driver’ PLUS awesome selfie frames dotted around the mountain for that perfect social media moment!
- #capturecairngorm – Epic social media photography competition running from May-September on Facebook. Visitors can upload their CairnGorm Mountain snaps using that hashtag, entering a prize draw to win either a Funicular Family Annual Pass or a 2018/19 Snowsports Season Pass!
- Essential Summit Walk – Our ‘must-do’ experience exploring the heart of the Cairngorms National Park (and definitely one of the easier ways to bag a munro!) It might be easier than you think to walk to the summit of Cairn Gorm – why not head out from the Top Station alongside one of our knowledgeable guides, learning about the unique fauna and flora that survive in the elevated elements? Reaching incredible heights of over 4,000ft, you’ll experience memorable panoramas of the whole of the Cairngorms and breath-taking views. Every day between May and October (subject to weather conditions) small groups of up to 10 visitors can enjoy this 90 minute guided walk on a mountain trail path to the summit.
Keep in touch
For further information on any of our awesome summer activities, keep an eye on our Facebook Events Page!
Visit our Facebook page How to get here
“There is lots happening at CairnGorm Mountain throughout the summer and we are looking forward to welcoming visitors from all over the world as well as from the local area”
Janette Jansson, General Manager
CairnGorm Mountain Summer Brochure
Back to Upcoming Events