Reports to: Retail Manager
Location: Cairngorm Mountain
Direct Reports: Retail Manager
Apply for this job
Purpose of job
The Retail Assistant will ensure the customer experience is delivered to the highest standards, to ensure the provision of hospitality and customer care to Cairngorm Mountain customers.
Purpose of the job:
The Retail Assistant is accountable to the Retail Team Leader. The role is also accountable for ensuring that all aspects of customer care is operating to the highest standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
In discharging theses accountabilities, the Retail Assistant is responsible for:
- To ensure that the department operates to the highest standards of customer care
- To follow the opening and closing procedures
- To follow all till procedures, including cash security, with strict adherence to company procedure
- To advise and assist customers to maximise retail sales
- To maintain stock levels and displays for maximum effect
- To assist with the physical movement, storage and display of merchandise
- To assist with the receipt of goods in accordance with company procedures
- To ensure all merchandise is coded and priced correctly
- To carry out stocktaking duties as required
- To ensure the retail areas are maintained to ensure a clean and attractive presentation to customers
- To monitor the Ptarmigan exhibition area and report and record faults as required
- To understand and follow the VMP, and being able to explain VMP to our guests
- To be aware of all Retail Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Observe all Health & Safety requirements. Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety procedures, risk assessments and company policies
- To identify personal development needs in line with personal and organisational objectives
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may, from time to time, be required
- Be polite and attentive to all our guests and colleagues
- Attend weekly “toolbox talks”
- Attend annual performance management and development processes such as Performance and Development (PAD) Reviews
- Previous retail and cash handling experience
- Experience in a customer focused environment
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to give clear direction to all levels from Director to site level
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a wider team and under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem solver
- The ability to identify success as well as areas for improvement
- A motivated individual who is not fazed by an ever-changing environment
- Flexible with a ‘Can do’ approach
- Team player
Company Background and Culture / Location Overview
Cairngorm Mountain (Scotland) Ltd. is a major tourist hub all year round with a range of unique activities on offer. Set within the Cairngorms National Park the surrounding area attracts over 1.8 million annual visitors predominantly in summer with the resort itself attracting circa 200,000 annual visitors. The resort is home to Scotland’s only mountain railway and the UK’s highest restaurant and bar.
During spring, summer and autumn visitors enjoy guided walks, mountain biking, tubing slides, the mountain garden, viewpoints, together with cafes and shops. The resort is an internationally renowned area of scientific interest and its surrounding areas contain unique natural habitats and wildlife protected by EU legislation.
In winter the resort transforms to the most popular snowsports destination in Scotland. Cairngorm Mountain resort covers 1,418 hectares and can attract over 120,000 skiing and snowboarding visitors in the busy winter period.
Apply for this job
View all vacancies