Reports to: Janitor Supervisor
Location: Cairngorm Mountain
Apply for this job
Purpose of job
The Janitor will ensure the customer experience is delivered to the highest standards, to ensure the provision of hospitality and customer care to Cairngorm Mountain customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Janitor is accountable to the Janitor Supervisor. The role is also accountable for ensuring that all aspects of customer care is operating to the highest standards.
In discharging theses accountabilities, the Janitor is responsible for:
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that the department operates to the highest standards of customer care
- To maintain the highest-level cleanliness in public areas, toilets and all back of house areas
- To be responsible for the opening of public toilets and for ensuring the completion of cleaning monitoring forms
- To receive and check deliveries and forward to storerooms, observing food hygiene requirements
- To remove refuse from all areas to rubbish skip and manage delivery and waste areas
- To ensure storeroom and cleaning cupboards are kept in a clean and tidy state
- To ensure that access to the building and storage areas are kept clear
- To assist in snow clearing operations as required. G. emergency exits, path ways and car parking areas
- To be aware of manual handling operations and carry out tasks to specified standards
- To understand and follow the VMP, and being able to explain VMP to our guests
- To be aware of all Facilities related Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Observe all Health & Safety requirements. Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety procedures, risk assessments and company policies
- To identify personal development needs in line with personal and organisational objectives
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may, from time to time, be required
- Be polite and attentive to all our guests and colleagues
- Attend weekly “toolbox talks”
- Attend annual performance management and development processes such as Performance and Development (PAD) Reviews
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to give clear direction to all levels from Director to site level
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a wider team and under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to identify success as well as areas for improvement
- A motivated individual who is not fazed by an ever-changing environment
- Flexible with a ‘Can do’ approach
- Team player
Company Background and Culture / Location Overview
Cairngorm Mountain (Scotland) Ltd. is a major tourist hub all year round with a range of unique activities on offer. Set within the Cairngorms National Park the surrounding area attracts over 1.8 million annual visitors predominantly in summer with the resort itself attracting circa 200,000 annual visitors. The resort is home to Scotland’s only mountain railway and the UK’s highest restaurant and bar.
During spring, summer and autumn visitors enjoy guided walks, mountain biking, tubing slides, the mountain garden, viewpoints, together with cafes and shops. The resort is an internationally renowned area of scientific interest and its surrounding areas contain unique natural habitats and wildlife protected by EU legislation.
In winter the resort transforms to the most popular snowsports destination in Scotland. Cairngorm Mountain resort covers 1,418 hectares and can attract over 120,000 skiing and snowboarding visitors in the busy winter period.
Apply for this job
View all vacancies