Technical Operations Electrician
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Cairngorm Mountain
Apply for this job
Purpose of job
Responsible for ensuring that all electrical maintenance and essential elements of the Funicular Railway and ski infrastructure are operating to the highest standards. Working flexibly within a small multi-skilled team. Ability to work outdoors in a mountain environment. The Electrician is accountable to the Engineering Manager, with responsibility for the installation, maintenance and repair of all electrical equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work within a team to maintain and repair all plant, buildings and equipment owned and leased by CMSL from an electrical perspective
- Work within a team to undertake electrical maintenance on all uplift facilities, ski tows and funicular railway
- Work within a team to carrying out electrical maintenance on the funicular railway that is completed, approved and recorded.
- To be responsible for all site PAT and fixed appliance testing in accordance with regulations
- To follow and complete work schedules
- To be able to read technical drawings and organise quotes from suppliers
- To be responsible for maintaining all tools and equipment and the inventory for them
- To undertake various working at height tasks, including slinging and lifting procedures
- To have a working knowledge of the emergency response procedures
- To be aware of the fragility of the environment and that any damage is avoided at all times
- To work with and liaise with the other teams, managers and contractors as required
- To be aware of all technical Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures
- Observe all Health & Safety requirements. Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety procedures, risk assessments and company policies
- To identify personal development needs in line with personal and organisational objectives
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may, from time to time, be required
- To be aware of the VMP, and being able to explain VMP to our guests
- Be polite and attentive to all our guests and colleagues
- Attend weekly “toolbox talks”
- Attend annual performance management and development processes such as Performance and Development (PAD) Reviews
- Time served electrician
- 18th Edition – BS7671 IET wiring regulations
- Full driving licence
- Working at Height
- Funicular safety critical (in-house)
- Manual Handling (in-house)
- 2 day 1st aid at work
- Fire awareness and safe use of extinguishers
- Experience in a customer focused environment
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to give clear direction to all levels from CEO to site level
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a wider team and under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Skier or Snowboarder
The role would suit someone who has a mechanical engineering background and has had experience in a visitor attraction including winter snowsports. You will demonstrate good people skills, both customer facing and within your team.
The role will require a degree of flexible working to meet the business needs, 7-day operation and events out with normal operating hours.
The ability to identify success as well as areas for improvement
- The ability to work in a difficult and hostile environment
- A motivated individual who is not fazed by an ever-changing environment
- Flexible with a ‘Can do’ approach
- Team player
Company Background and Culture / Location Overview
Cairngorm Mountain, managed by Cairngorm Mountain (Scotland) Ltd, is a popular snowsports destination in Scotland, located within the Cairngorms National Park, and has been offering snowsports for over 50 years. In winter, the Resort is a commercial ski operation. In summer, the Resort serves as a summer tourist destination. The surrounding area attracts over 1.8 million annual visitors predominantly in summer with the Resort itself attracting circa 200,000 annual visitors.
Cairngorm Mountain resort covers 1,418 hectares and can attract over 120,000 skiing and snowboarding visitors in the busy winter period The Resort is an internationally renowned area of scientific interest. The Resort and surrounding areas contain unique natural habitats and wildlife protected by EU legislation.
In the summer, the Resort transforms as the snow melts and becomes a hub of activity, from guided walks to the mountain summit, an adventure play park, to generic visitors and a family market looking for activities to undertake.
Apply for this job
View all vacancies