Business Support Administrator
Reports to: Funicular & Ticket Office Manager
Location: Cairngorm Mountain
Apply for this job
Purpose of job
The Business Support Administrator will support both the Ticket Office and Marketing Department at Cairngorm Mountain (Scotland) Ltd with a range of administrative duties.
As a tourism-business with visitor numbers and seasonal demands that are heavily dependent upon weather and other external variables, this post-holder will be adaptable to support the Ticket Office during the busy snowsports season.
During the remainder of the year the role will vary to assist both the Ticket Office and Marketing Managers with other back-office administrative duties.
Salary: £24,375 – £25,350 per annum.
Roles and Responsibilities
Purpose of the job:
The Business Support Administrator will ensure our online ticketing systems are managed effectively and updated as required. The role also involves tracking and reporting on our customer feedback together with additional ad-hoc administration duties.
Ticket Office Duties:
- Day-to-day administration and maintenance of the online ticketing systems (full training will be provided).
- Liaising with third party system providers in the set up of new products online, supported by our IT Technician if required.
- Manage ticket cancellations and refunds to customers.
- Assist with customer queries in a timely, friendly and professional manner both face-to-face and via incoming phone calls.
- Collate customer feedback and provide accurate reporting on a weekly basis. The ability to extract key information from feedback is essential to report on key issues.
- To assist with the monitoring of the company email mailbox responding to customers in a professional manner.
- To assist with responses to queries received through the various social media platforms.
- To assist with group bookings to ensure they are handled efficiently and accurately including maintaining an accurate status of all enquiries and bookings.
- When required undertake general ad-hoc administration duties in the Ticket Office.
Marketing & Admin Duties:
- To assist the Marketing Manager with a range of tasks, including creating and displaying posters on and off site, updating menus, ensuring brand consistency, social media administration, website updates and collating information for reporting.
- To attend to any visitors or contractors arriving onsite ensuring a warm welcome and sign in/out.
- Be polite and attentive to all guests and colleagues ensuring excellent communication skills at all times.
- To identify personal development needs in line with personal and organisational objectives
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may, from time to time, be required
- To comply with all Health and Safety processes, risk assessments and company policies
- Attend annual Performance and Development (PAD) Reviews with your line manager
To be successful in this role, the successful candidate will have:
Qualifications and experience
- Previous office experience working as an Administrator or Assistant providing general support and computer-based duties to a managerial team.
- A relevant level of education or equivalent demonstrable experience
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent communication skills whether digital or in person
- Good IT skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Be effective at time management and have the ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and great organisational skills
- Excellent English and ability to proof-read
- Customer orientated and initiative with problem-solving
- Able to manage own workload, prioritise tasks appropriately and manage expectations
Personal attributes and behaviours
- Adaptable to ad hoc requirements or changing circumstances, calmly if under pressure
- Being a motivated, problem solver with a proactive attitude and initiative
- Committed to seeing tasks through to completion
- Resilient and confident
- A team-player who enjoys working in a busy customer service environment
- Desire to develop a professional career in Business Administration
This role is site-based on a full-time basis and not available for home or hybrid working. This role is expected to be particularly busy and key to business operations during our snowsports season, therefore annual leave may be restricted over the winter months.
Company Background and Culture / Location Overview
Cairngorm Mountain, managed by Cairngorm Mountain (Scotland) Ltd is a popular snowsports destination in Scotland, located within the Cairngorms National Park, and has been offering snowsports for over 50 years. In winter, the resort is a commercial ski operation. In Summer, the Resort serves as a tourist destination. The surrounding area attracts over 1.8 million annual visitors predominantly in Summer with the Resort itself attracting circa 200,000 annual visitors.
Cairngorm Mountain Resort covers 1,418 hectares and can attract over 120,000 skiing and snowboarding visitors in the busy winter period. The Resort is an internationally renowned area of scientific interest. Cairngorm Mountain and surrounding areas contain unique natural habitats and wildlife protected by EU legislation.
In the summer, the resort transforms and becomes a hub of activity, from guided walks to the mountain summit, to generic visitors and a family market looking for activities to undertake.
Apply for this job
View all vacancies