Before You Travel ‘Prepare & Be Aware’
- To provide a safe environment for customers that is in line with the current UK & Scottish Government guidance.
- To keep customers updated on weather forecasts and snow conditions through our website and social media platforms.
- To provide all staff with the tools and knowledge to manage your stay as safely as possible.
- To provide clear access to our terms and conditions, including:
- Are you or is anyone in your family showing COVID-19 symptoms?
- Check UK & Scottish Government travel restrictions in the area you are travelling from.
- Check weather forecasts and snow reports on our website and social media.
- Have necessary lift passes and equipment hire been booked in advance?
- Securing your ticket online does not guarantee a space in the carpark please endeavour to arrive early.
- Be considerate of new environment and abide by new rules; these are in place for everyone’s safety.
- Numbers will be monitored and controlled according to snow cover and uplift. It is always best to check our website and social media platforms before setting off for skiing / snowboarding.
- Card payments are preferred on site.
- Please respect our staff and follow their instructions throughout the process.
- Lift passes can be booked online through our Ticket Hub no later than 24 hours in advance.
- Equipment hire can only be booked online, we cannot take walk-ins. This is done through our website portal; passes can be purchased during the booking of equipment.
- You will receive an automated email with a QR code for lift passes and booking reference for equipment. It is vital that you bring these with you when you visit.
Season Ticket Holders
- As our loyal customers we respectfully ask that you follow the procedures as outlined in ‘Customer Responsibilities’.
Scottish Government COVID-19 Guidance
Scottish Government Travel Restrictions
Snowsport Scotland Coronavirus Updates
Mountain Weather Information Service